Do you have a Shopify store? Are you looking to setup enhanced ecommerce tracking? You have come to the right place. In this article, I will show you how to setup Google Analytics enhanced ecommerce tracking in Shopify and give away free pre-built goals and dashboard for your Shopify store.
Step One: Add Google Analytics to Shopify
Before you set up ecommerce tracking, it’s important that you add Google Analytics tracking ID. In case if you haven’t yet connected analytics with Shopify, follow the steps below, otherwise, you can skip this step.
- Copy the analytics tracking id from your analytics account (admin >> property >> property settings)
- Open your shopify dashboard
- From the left menu, click ‘online store’ and then click ‘preferences’.
- Under preferences, paste the analytics tracking id in the Google Analytics field.
- Click on the save button.
Step Two: Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking
To enable enhanced ecommerce tracking, check the ‘Use Enhanced Ecommerce’ checkbox under the Google Analytics field in your Shopify dashboard.
Save the changes.
The best thing with Shopify is it takes care of all the ecommerce code and get things done automatically.
Step Three: Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking in Google Analytics
Follow the steps below to enable enhanced ecommerce tracking in analytics.
- Open your analytics account and navigate to admin
- Select the view in which you want to view ecommerce data
- Under the view options, click E-commerce Settings
4. Inside enable ecommerce and enhanced ecommerce settings and hit submit.
You have now successfully enable enhanced Google Analytics enhanced ecommerce in Shopify. Without setting up ecommerce goals and reports the process would be incomplete.
Step Four: Set up Ecommerce Goals and Reports
Building a dashboard and setting up goals takes a little time. We build few dashboards and goals especially for Shopify. You can simply import them to your analytics account. To import goals and dashboards visit: Google Analytics Goals & Dashboards for Shopify.
We have also built an awesome ecommerce DataStudio template. Click the button below to get it.