In this short tutorial, I will help you learn how to add a website to Google Analytics and adding another website to your existing Google Analytics account.
a). How to add a website to Google Analytics
Follow the steps below to add a new website.
1. Create a new Google Analytics account. Follow the steps as shown
2. When you complete the details click on Get Tracking Id, you will see the new Google's global script.
3. copy the global tag and paste into head section of all your website pages.
- Step1: Login to your google analytics account
- Step2: Click on the admin button located on the bottom of the left menu.
- Step3: Select the account from the dropdown in which you are going to add the website(property).[you can have 100 analytics accounts under a single google account]
- Step4: From the property drop down menu, click on the Create new property option.(you can add upto 50 websites/properties in one account)
- Step5: Fill in the website details and click Get Tracking Id button.
- Step6: You should then see the tracking code. Copy and paste into your website.
Congrats! You have successfully added a new website to google analytics. Once you add a new website you can easily delete the property anytime.