There are two ways of adding a new website to Google Analytics. First is by creating a completely new Google Analytics account and second is by creating a new property in an existing analytics account.
Below are both the ways explained.
a). How to add a website to Google Analytics
Follow the steps below to add a new website.
- Create a new Google Analytics account. Follow the steps as shown
- When you add the details click on Get Tracking Id, you will see the new Google's global script.
- copy the global tag and paste into the head section of all your website pages.
- Step1: Login to your google analytics account
- Step2: Click on the admin button located on the bottom of the left menu.
- Step3: Select the account from the dropdown in which you are going to add the website(property).[you can have 100 analytics accounts under a single google account]
- Step4: From the property drop down menu, click on the Create new property option.(you can add upto 50 websites/properties in one account)
- Step5: Fill in the website details and click Get Tracking Id button.
- Step6: You should then see the tracking code. Copy and paste into your website.
Congrats! You have successfully added a new website to google analytics. Once you add a new website you can easily delete the property anytime.